Monday 27 August 2012

Enter Cliche "Learn How to Spice Up Your Marriage" Phrase Here.

Hello all! If you've read my introduction, you already know this, but guess what? You're going to hear it again anyways (I promise this is the last time). For a bit of a back story, I am a twenty-something mother of two under the age of 3 and newly wed. With our busy schedules and just my over all image of myself, we are, without a doubt, stuck in slump.

Since having my children, my body has changed. Obviously it's expected after putting such a ridiculous strain on it (What's that? You weren't ready for the consequences of carrying something the since of a cinder block would have? Jump in line, sister.) That being said, I'm still not completely comfortable with it, but not only am I working on achieving a body I am comfortable with. But I am also working on loving the one I have. Easier said than done, amiright?  Because of my discomfort, sex has been, well monotone.

 Some of the prerequisites for me to be in the "mood" are :
  • Dark. The darker the better. If it's midnight and I can get an angle away from streetlights, well...we might just be able to get some. 
  • Please don't look at my body. What's that you ask? "But, Blushing, you already said it had to be dark. How on earth could he see you?" That is exactly how paranoid I am of my body. I ,under absolutely NO circumstances want the love of my life, the man I am going to spend the rest of my life with, to see me naked. Isn't this absolutely INSANE? How on earth can this be healthy? I'm working on it, I swear. (Also, this is called "The Blushing Housewife" Not "Horny Housewife". Get off my back.)
  • Missionary. Because of my low body image, this is the perfect position. His body covers most of the body parts that I am embarrassed of. 
If any of these are things you do, I know how you feel, and we can try to work through our issues together.

The other issue we have is that we are so tired ALL the time! The kids keep us busy enough without thinking of both of our full time jobs. When I finally crawl into bed after picking the last cheerio off my ass (don't even ask...happens far more often than I would like to admit), all I want to do is try to relax and get some shut eye. Sex should not feel like a second job. This should be time with your partner to have fun and actually enjoy each other.

So, let's do this! Let's take our sexuality and our lives back!

Tonight I will post a challenge for the month of September.

Get your knickers ready!

Ever yours,

Blushing xx

No comments:

Post a Comment